Monday 28 January 2013

DIY Upholstered Headboard -Reveal

Last week I picked up this headboard second hand for $20 and showed you some of my inspirational pictures for what I kind of wanted it to look like in the end.


 
 
I bought it because I liked the shape, it was in great condition, the price was right, and it would save me buying a piece of plywood and having to cut it out myself (which is a common way to do DIY upholstered headboards).
I found some fabric I loved, bought a cheap foam mattress topper for a little padding, borrowed a staple gun (thanks L!), added some nailhead trim and this is what I ended up with!
 
 
 
 
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  I could only get a few packs of the nailhead trim so I had to improvise and space them out a bit.  I figured if I can get my hands on more later I can fill in the spaces if/when I feel like it.
 
 

 

 
 
It took me about 3 hours start to finish to put it together.  The stapling and trim were by far the majority of the work.  I'll be sure to post a tutorial soon with all the steps, materials and cost breakdown.  But my arms are a like jelly right now so I think I'm going to stop typing! 
 
I love it but makes me realize I really need to paint and maybe get a new lamp shade.  But one step at a time :)  What do you think?
 
Have a lovely day!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment