Wednesday 6 March 2013

What's Old is New

I was visiting my mom last week and was browsing through an old binder she'd kept of decorating ideas clipped and ripped out of magazines and books.  How she managed to organize anything like this when she had four young kids I have no idea!  Most of the clippings were from the late 80's and early 90's and I couldn't believe how many of the ideas I loved and were things I'd seen all over pinterest, blogs and magazines.  So I took a few pictures with my phone to bring home and share with you guys just for kicks!

Here's some of the retro pictures followed by a current one.  Take a few of the dated decor items out of the retro pictures and they would almost pass as the current (besides the fact you can tell I took a picture of a picture with my phone of course,lol)  Enjoy :)

Black Painted Trim
 
 
 


Classic Furniture In Modern Patterns
 

 
 


Geometric Floors
 





Dark Painted Cabintery
 

 
 
 
 
 
Source: lonny.com via Kirsten on Pinterest

Rustic Wood Tables
 

 
 

Geometric Rugs
 

 
 
 
 
Cool Kids Storage and Stencilling
 

 
 


Mixing Modern and Traditional
 

 
 

Source: bhg.com via Kirsten on Pinterest
 
 
Ethnic Rugs and Mixing Industrial/Modern with Warm Woods


 
Source: houzz.com via Kirsten on Pinterest

Chevron

 
 

Source: etsy.com via Kirsten on Pinterest


And just for fun...

 
 
I remember doing aerobics with my mom and the ladies on the videos wearing these outfits,lol 
 
What trends have you noticed from back in the day making a return? I'd love to hear about some of your favorite returning trends! Or maybe some you wished weren't back?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment